Donald B. Paxton
Clean Air Sciences, Inc.
Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania. Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Resource Management.
Clean Air Sciences, Inc. (6/2008 to present) Chiodo Companies L.L.C. - D.B.A Clean Air Inspections (1/2006 to 6/2008)
Environmental Diagnostics, Inc. (1/2003 to 1/2006 – (company name changes)
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST, INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST, PRESIDENT:
- Provided consulting and investigative services for commercial, industrial, and residential clients, as well as for insurance companies and law firms
as a Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC) and Certified Environmental Thermography Consultant (CETC).
- Performed over 750 indoor air quality (IAQ) investigations to measure microbial (mold and bacteria), chemical, and standard IAQ parameter levels.
- Mold investigations included; performing visual inspections, infrared (IR) thermal imaging moisture surveys, air and surface sampling, onsite damage
assessments and removal specifications for water- and mold-damaged materials, generating reports with visual observations, data interpretations,
recommendations, occupancy determinations, material removal schedules and protocols, coordinating project with remediation contractors, consulting
clients with management of remediation, and conducting final post-remediation clearance and re-occupancy evaluations.
- Provided litigation support as an expert witness and legal council consultant; conducted fungal, water impact, and chemical field investigations to
document forensic evidence for case development. Rendered expert opinions regarding occupancy, individual human exposure, and water impact of
commercial and residential property.
- Consulting services also included reporting for; Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) Form R, Tier II Chemical Inventory, annual and rolling FESOP and
VOM/HAP emissions inventory, and conducting Phase I ESAs.
- Managed projects, generated proposals, and produced final reports.
- Assisted certified industrial hygienist (CIH) with complex or large scale projects.
Weston Solutions, Inc. (formerly Roy F. Weston, Inc.) 9/1997 to 1/2003
ASSOCIATE PROJECT SCIENTIST, FIELD TEAM LEADER:
- U. S. EPA Region V Superfund Technical Assessment Response Team (START2) contract.
- Provided Region III EPA with crossover assistance for Washington D.C. Hart Senate Office/Capital Complex Anthrax Response; collected samples in
Level “C” personal protective equipment (PPE) as part of initial investigation, provided oversight of U.S. Marine sample team, oversight of HEPA gross
decontamination of D.C. Bomb Squad offices, assisted EPA Criminal Investigation Division (CID) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in
Springfield, VA. with anthrax screening and the collection of evidence from Senator Tom Daschle’s mail, and created decontamination protocol.
- Assisted EPA On-Scene Coordinators (OSCs) during Chicago area canal pilot project site with canal inspections, oil sheen dynamics and product
source identification, providing absorbent boom maintenance oversight of responsible party contractors, oversight of EPA contractor during pipeline
closures, acting as Site Health and Safety Coordinator, and aided in planning of phytoremediation study.
- Provided responsible party oversight during multimedia site assessment which included a cone penetrometer testing (CPT) rapid oscillating
technology (ROST) unit with laser induced fluorescence (LIF) to determine hydrocarbon presence, observation well installation, geoprobe sampling,
groundwater sampling, and electromagnetic surveys for site closure and settlement negotiations.
- Performed review/audit of Facility Response Plans (FRP) and Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) plans submitted to U.S. EPA
Region V and determined facility compliance/completion of plans.
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST, TEAM LEADER:
- Federal Programs Division, Site Assessment and Technical Assistance (SATA) contract for U.S. EPA Region III
- Assisted EPA OSC with CERCLA removal action project over-site, cost tracking, technical documentation, site health and safety, contractor oversight,
particulate monitoring, high-volume air sampling, and implementing X-ray fluorescence (XRF) unit to determine post-excavation concentrations
resulting in cost savings by eliminating lab turnaround times.
- Performed site investigations, site entry, monitoring of hazardous atmospheres, multi-media (soil, water, air, biological) environmental sampling, and
making health and safety recommendations for site activities.
- On-call for Emergency Response to environmental hazards, oil spills and transportation accidents, performing level “B” PPE site entry and
reconnaissance, and assisting OSC with over-site of response activities.
- Prepared pollution reports, sampling plans, trip reports, ATSDR reports, background for E. P. A. action memos, AutoCADD site maps, data
summaries, health and safety plans, PRP searches, cost projections for removal projects, and OSC After Action Report.
ASSISTANT PROJECT SCIENTIST:
- Geosciences Department, environmental sample collection and advanced site assessment project (Phase I).
- Collected soil samples at liquid removal points and mercury meter stations along natural gas pipeline.
- Investigated spills and assessed area impacted with instrument readings and microscope verification.
- Operated global positioning system (GPS) equipment to locate site for database, and mapped site.
- Air monitored for explosive conditions, mercury vapors, and organic vapors.
Virtual Workplace, Inc. A Crouse Enterprises Company 3/1996 - 6/1997
HEALTH AND SAFETY COORDINATOR:
- Conducted OSHA 40-Hour Health and Safety, Confined Space Entry, and 8 Hour Refresher Courses.
- Fit-tested and trained employees in the proper use, limitations and care of respiratory equipment.
- Assisted remediation and consulting groups of company with health and safety issues.
SOILS LABORATORY TECHNICIAN:
- Field density sand cone and analysis and sand calibration for sand cones
- Soil moisture content determination, gradation analysis - aggregate and particle sizing
- Radiological survey of laboratory work area testing for alpha, beta and gamma radiation
- Unconfined compression tests of soil cylinders, modified proctor of stockpiles
- Atterberg limits determination - liquid and plastic limit determination
- One point moisture-density relations of soil-cement mixture and compressive strength of cylinders
- Opposed Crystal System (OCS) testing on radioactive soil samples
Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, Storage Tank Division, Central Office 5/1993 - 8/1993
- Reviewed facility Spill Prevention Response (SPR) Plans for completeness.
- Determined stream code information for SPR Plans from topographic maps.
- Contacted facility owners who failed to submit complete plans.
- Organized, conducted, and summarized underground storage tank survey of facilities.
Certified Environmental Thermography Consultant – American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC) 4/2011
Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant – ACAC (formerly AmIAQC) 3/2007
Certified Indoor Environmentalist – IAQA 5/2003
8-Hour cause, mitigation, and prevention of mold training course – EMSL Analytical, Inc. 3/2003
38-Hour Army Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation & Management Training Program 3/2000
IATA /DOT Training for shipment of known and unknown hazardous materials 3/2000
40-Hour OSHA Health and Safety Training 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(3)(i) 11/1995
EPA Hazardous Materials Incident Response Operations (165.5) 11/1995
Radiation Safety Training 10/1996
16-Hour Permit-Required Confined Space Entry/Rescue Training 29 CFR 1910.146(g)(1);(k)(1) 5/1997
8-Hour OSHA Supervisor Training 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(4) 10/1997
American Red Cross Standard First Aid and Adult CPR 12/2000
8-Hour OSHA Health and Safety Refresher 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(8) 5/2002
Blood Born Pathogen Training 5/2002 Hazard Communication Training 5/2002
American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC) (2007 to present)
American Indoor Air Quality Council (AmIAQC) (2007)
Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA) (2003 to 2007)
American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) (2006, 2010)
Pennsylvania Association of Environmental Professionals (PAEP) (1995 to 2001)